- 8 ounces cellophane or rice noodles
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound shrimp
- 1/4 cup scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Soak cellophane or rice noodles in hot water for 15 minutes, until tender. Strain and set aside.
While the noodles are soaking, in a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, garlic, vinegar, sugar, sesame oil, cornstarch, and red pepper flakes. Set aside.
Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes until golden brown. Add soy sauce mixture to pan and bring to a simmer, for 2 minutes, until sauce thicken.
Serve the shrimp over all of the cellophane noodles and top with scallions and sesame seeds.