- 2 cups loosely packed fresh spinach
- 2 garlic cloves
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice (from one lemon)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 30 ounces cooked garbanzo beans (canned or homemade)
- no-salt seasoning and pepper, to taste
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut into 1/8 triangles
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
For the hummus, place all the ingredients except for beans into a food processor and process until smooth. Add beans, no-salt seasoning and pepper; process again. Set aside.
On a large baking sheet, place the pita chips. Brush with the oil. Bake for 5-7 minutes until crisp. Season with cheese, no-salt seasoning and paprika. Serve warm with hummus.