- 2 tablespoon butter
- 6 green onions
- 1 cored or green bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (10-ounce) packages frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 (14-ounce) can fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cream
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 cup tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Melt butter in a Dutch oven or soup pot over medium-high heat. Remove green tops from green onions. Chop green onion tops; set aside. Thinly slice white portion of each onion.
Add sliced onions and peppers to pan; sauté 2 minutes. Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring constantly with a whisk. Stir in corn, broth, milk, cream, salt and pepper; bring to a boil.
Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes.
Top each serving with green onion tops, cheese, chip and cilantro.