- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5-ounce cans of diced tomatoes
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tbsp minced fresh dill or 1 teaspoon dried dill
- 1 to 1 1/4 pounds medium sized raw shrimp, peeled and deveined (can leave tails on),
- thaw if frozen
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (optional)
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the onions and cook until softened, 3-5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds more.
Add the tomatoes and bring to a simmer, reduce heat and let simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the juices thicken a bit.
Remove from heat. Stir in the herbs, shrimp, capers, feta cheese, if using, salt and pepper to taste. Cook an additional 3-4 minutes.
Serve immediately pasta (gluten free, if necessary) or rice.