News

Actions

Friends, family of Utah man who died from overdose discuss signs of addiction

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 10:33 PM, Oct 10, 2013
and last updated 2013-10-11 00:33:03-04

SALT LAKE CITY -- The death of Glee Star Cory Monteith has brought attention to an ongoing and deadly drug problem faced by many families in Utah.

Monteith died as the result of a heroin and alcohol overdose.

FOX 13 News spoke with one Utah mother who experienced just how easy it is to miss the signs of addiction before it's too late.

Inka Johnson's son, Ian Johnson, died of an overdose on July 8, 2013. He was just 22 years old. In a two-part story airing on FOX 13 News, Inka and two of Ian's friends describe the young man they loved and the things they think parents, friends and teachers should consider to avoid going through the same pain. See the videos above for their emotional interviews.