- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 teaspoon no-salt seasoning
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 egg whites, beaten or 1/4 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1/4 cups applesauce
- 1/2 cup sugar-free maple syrup
- 1/2 apple, finely diced
- 1/2 cup golden raisins, divided
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, divided
- Pinch nutmeg
Sift flour, no-salt seasoning and baking powder into a medium mixing bowl. Combine butter, milk and egg. Stir into dry ingredients. Add vanilla and applesauce; beat well.
Spoon batter, a couple tablespoons at a time onto a hot, well greased griddle. Cook for 1-2 minutes on each side until golden brown.
In a small saucepan, combine the syrup with the apple, raisins, and walnuts. Heat for 3-4 minutes over medium to high heat. Serve with pancakes.