- 1 cup rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, diced
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons yellow curry powder, divided
- 4 skinless, boneless, chicken breast halves, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 1/4 cup cilantro or parsley, chopped
- 2 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup peanuts, crushed
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook the rice according to package directions.
Bring the oil, in a large skillet, up to medium to high heat. Add the onions and ginger (and optional raisins), salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly translucent, about 2-3 minutes. Turn the heat down to medium, sprinkle with half of the curry powder, and continue to cook a minute or two.
Season the chicken with onion powder, paprika, remaining curry powder, salt and pepper.
Move the onion to one side of the skillet and add the chicken. Cook for about 5-7 minutes or until cooked all the way through.
Add the stock and sour cream; stir constantly over medium-low heat for 3-4 minutes oruntil the mixture has thickened.
Serve over rice. Garnish with cilantro or parsley, onions and peanuts.