- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter
- ¼ red onion, thinly sliced
- ½ red bell pepper, julienned
- ½ yellow squash, julienned
- ½ green zucchini, julienned
- 1 piece of fresh corn, kernels taken off the cob
- 4 (6oz.) portions of fresh salmon, farmed or wild caught
- Kosher Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
Heat a pan up to medium heat. Add the butter and swirl in the pan, preventing from burning. Add the onions and peppers and cook until soft. Add the squash and zucchini and cook for a 2 minutes until soft. Add the corn last and cook for another minute. Season with salt and pepper. Set aside.
Heat an oiled grill to medium high heat. Pat dry the salmon. Season with salt and pepper. Place the fish on the grill diagonally. Cook for 3-4 minutes per side until the fish is cooked to medium and warm in the center. Place the veggies on the plate, the salmon on top. Spoon the Tomato Basil Vinaigrette sauce over and around.
Tomato Basil Vinaigrette
- 4 tomatoes, chopped
- 1/3 cup teaspoons extra virgin Olive Oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 shallots, diced
- 8-10 fresh basil leaves, finely shredded
- Kosher Salt and Fresh Cracked Pepper, to taste
In a large bowl combine the tomatoes; add salt. Let marinate for 15-20 minutes.
In a separate bowl, combine the shallots and vinegar. Let sit on the counter for 2-3 minutes. Add the tomatoes and the basil to the vinegar shallot mixture. Add the oil slowly; stir well.
For maximum taste let the mixture marinate on the counter for 15-20 minutes.