- 1 tablespoon butter
- 5 cups (1/4-inch) cubed peeled apple (about 3 apples)
- 2 teaspoons minced peeled fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice or cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 4 (4-ounce) boneless center-cut pork loin chops
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- Cooking spray
To prepare chutney, melt butter in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add apple; sauté 4 minutes or until lightly browned. Add ginger; sauté another 1-2 minutes.
Add the next 5 ingredients (through salt); bring to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer 8 minutes or until apples are tender; stir occasionally.
To prepare pork, while chutney simmers, heat a grill pan over medium-high heat.
Combine chili powder and next 3 ingredients (through onion powder) with salt and pepper; sprinkle over pork. Coat grill pan with cooking spray. Add pork to pan; cook 4 minutes on each side or until done. Serve with chutney.