Tooele man dies from carbon monoxide poisoning

Posted at 6:15 AM, Nov 07, 2013
and last updated 2013-11-07 08:15:51-05

TOOELE, Utah — A Tooele man died Wednesday after being exposed to carbon monoxide gas.

Police said the 54-year old man was home alone Wednesday evening working on his truck in the garage. They said when family members returned home, they found the man unresponsive in a room connected to the garage.

Officers said the door into the house from the garage was left open, and there were elevated levels of carbon monoxide inside the home.