- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 14.5oz cans diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/4 cup fresh Romano or Parmesan cheese, shredded, divided
- 3 garlic clove, minced, divided
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 1/2 cup Italian style bread crumbs (Note: for gluten free, leave out bread crumbs or use a
- gluten free type.)
- 1/4 cup plus 3 teaspoons Walt's Tasty Flavor Original or Red Marinade, divided
- 1 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
In a large bowl, mix 1 can of diced tomatoes with meats, egg, cheese, 1 garlic clove (minced), 1/4 cup onion (diced), bread crumbs and 1/4 cup Walt's Tasty Flavor Marinade.
Using a tablespoon or cookie baller, scoop meat mixture and roll into balls using palms of hands.
In a large frying pan, bring the oil up to a medium high heat. Cook the meatballs for 2-3 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through.
Place meatballs on a paper towel lined plate to soak up the excess oil. Cover with tinfoil.
In a sauce pan, sauté the remaining 2 cloves of garlic and 1/4 cup onions in the butter for 1-2 minutes.
Add the remaining 3 teaspoons of the Walt's Tasty Flavor Marinade, 1/4 cup cheese and the sour cream to the pan.
Cook over medium heat for 3-4 minutes; stirring frequently. Serve with the meatballs as a dipping sauce or poured over the meatballs.