- 1 pound baby carrots or young carrots, peeled, cut into bite size pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger, finely diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons parsley, chopped
Steam carrots for 7 to 10 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, melt butter in a large skillet. Saute the ginger and shallot for 1-2 minutes. Stir in honey, syrup and vinegar.
Add steamed carrots to the skillet and sauté over medium-high heat, stirring constantly, until carrots are well glazed, 2 to 4 minutes.
Season carrots with salt and pepper. Transfer to a serving dish. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.