- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves, washed
- 1/2 cup walnuts or pine nuts, toasted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 8 large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup mozzarella, shredded
- 1 roasted red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. turkey, shredded, cooked
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Blend the first 4 ingredients together in a blender or food processor while streaming in 1/3 cup of the oil. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
Brush one side of each tortilla with the remaining oil. On the non-oiled side, spread some of the pesto on each. Top 4 of the tortillas with the cheese, peppers and turkey. Cover with the 4 remaining tortillas with the oiled side on the outside.
In a large frying up to medium heat, cook each quesadilla on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown and the cheese has melted.