- 8 medium sweet potatoes (about 4 pounds), peeled and cut up
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil based butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon finely shredded orange peel
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon finely ginger, grated (optional)
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon no salt seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
In a 4- to 5-quart Dutch oven cook potatoes in enough boiling water to cover for 25 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to Dutch oven.
Add 1/2 cup of the milk and butter. Use a potato masher or electric mixer to combine mixture until smooth. Add orange peel, orange juice, ginger if using, brown sugar, no salt seasoning, ground ginger, and pepper; mash until well combined. Stir in enough remaining milk to make desired consistency.
Transfer to a serving bowl. Top with pecans.