- 4 (8-inch) whole-wheat tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1/4 bell pepper, diced
- 1 (16-ounce) can refried black beans
- 3/4 cup bottled chunky salsa, divided
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cooked turkey
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled queso fresco or blue cheese
- 1 cup tomato, chopped
- 1/2 avocado, peeled and cut into 12 slices
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
Preheat oven to 425°.
Spray both sides of each tortilla with cooking spray; arrange on large baking sheet. Bake for 3 1/2 minutes on each side or until lightly toasted.
In a frying pan, bring the oil up to medium-high heat. Saute the onion and pepper for 2-3 minutes. Add beans, 1/2 cup salsa and turkey. Mix together. Heat through for 2-3 minutes.
Divide turkey mixture among tortillas. Sprinkle with queso fresco or blue cheese; top with tomato. Arrange 3 avocado slices over each tostada; sprinkle each evenly with cilantro.
Sponsor: Dan's Market