- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup broccoli, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated lemon zest
- 1 lb. shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper, snap peas and broccoli with salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes. Transfer the vegetables to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil, garlic and lemon zest to the pan and cook, stirring until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add shrimp and cook, stirring, for 1 minute.
Whisk broth and cornstarch in a small bowl until smooth and add to the pan. Cook, stirring, until the sauce has thickened slightly and the shrimp are cooked through, about 2 minutes for raw shrimp. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and parsley. Serve the shrimp and sauce over the vegetables.
(Note: For a larger meal, serve over rice, noodles or quinoa.)