- 1 can (8) large biscuits
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white or yellow onion
- 1/2 teaspoon poultry seasoning or sage
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoon all purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1-2 dashes of Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 dashes of Tabasco sauce, cayenne pepper, or other hot sauce
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook biscuits according to package directions.
Preheat a large saucepan or frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the beef and onions with the poultry seasoning or sage, fennel seeds, coriander, salt and pepper for 5-6 minutes or until no longer pink and the onions are translucent.
Remove meat and onions with a slotted spatula or spoon, leaving the drippings in the pan. Bring pan up to medium heat; melt butter. Whisk in flour. Slowly whisk in milk, continuously stirring. Add the Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco or cayenne, salt and pepper; cook another 1 minute.
To plate, cut each biscuit in half (horizontally), place 2 biscuits on 4 serving plates. Top each with some of the beef and onion mixture. Top with a serving of the gravy. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council