- 1 lb. chicken breasts, sliced into strips
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 3 egg whites, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup whole wheat bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, diced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 can (14 ounce) tomato sauce, low sodium
- No-Salt Seasoning and pepper, to taste
Season the chicken with onion powder, garlic powder, no-salt seasoning and pepper. Forming an assembly line, spread the flour out on a plate. Place the egg whites in a shallow bowl. Spread the breadcrumbs out on a plate.
Heat 2 tablespoons of the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat the chicken strips in the flour, shaking off the excess flour. Dip into the egg whites, then coat the chicken in the bread crumbs. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side or until cooked all the way through. Transfer to a plate.
In a saucepan, bring the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil up to medium to high heat. Saute the onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes with the oregano, basil, no salt seasoning and pepper. Stir in the can of tomato sauce; heat through. Serve with the chicken strips.