- 1-1/2 lb lean ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 cup soft Italian-style bread crumbs
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- ¼ to ½ cup low fat milk
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg (optional)
1. Heat oven to 400˚F. Combine topping ingredients and set aside. In larger bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix lightly, but thoroughly.
2. Place approximately 1/3 cup beef mixture into each of 12 medium muffin cups, pressing lightly. Spread topping mixture evenly over tops.
3. Bake in 400˚F oven 20 minutes, until instant-read thermometer inserted into center registers 160˚F.
4. Remove meatloaves from pan to serve.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Recipe courtesy of Jacob Schmidt from Utah Beef Council.