SALT LAKE CITY -- The Salt Lake City episode of "American Idol," now in its 13th season, ran Wednesday night, and several Utahns made an impact.
Thousands of people came to Salt Lake City in July to audition for the show.
Uthan Austin Wolfe was one who advanced, click here for her interview with FOX 13 News.
Judges Jennifer Lopez, Keith Urban and Harry Connick, Jr. returned for callbacks (and the taping of Wednesday's episode) in early October.
“At the end of the day there's going to be someone who shows up and not only has an amazing voice, but has an amazing point-of-view,” show judge Jennifer Lopez said during the auditions in Salt Lake City.
Utah had a wide range of talent, not a surprise to Keith Urban who says his Utah concerts seem to come with their own choir.
“We've played here a lot over the years,” said Urban “It's one of those towns were everyone loves to sing. They'll sing at deafening levels at our concert, so today is going to be a lot of fun.”
Idol came through town five years ago, but Utahns still don't have an American Idol to call their own.
“It's time for an American Idol to come out of Utah for sure,” said contestant Evan Sharp.
- Raw Video: ‘American Idol’ judges press conference
- American Idol judges search for talent in Salt Lake City
- American Idol judges visit SLC for callbacks
- American Idol callbacks held in Salt Lake City
- Thousands of hopefuls audition for ‘American Idol’
- Photos: SLC ‘American Idol’ auditions
- ‘American Idol’ auditions underway in Salt Lake City
- ‘American Idol’ auditions come to Salt Lake City
- ‘American Idol’ hopefuls gather at EnergySolutions Arena
- Sing-off at ‘American Idol’ auditions
- Big Budah learns the ‘American Idol’ process
- Big Budah checks out the talent at ‘American Idol’ auditions