- 2 large or 4 small whole wheat pitas or English muffins
- 1/4 cup pizza or spaghetti sauce, low sodium
- 1/4 cup cheese, part-skim mozzarella, shredded
- cooking spray
- 1 cup assorted fresh vegetables (such as small broccoli, cauliflower florets, bell
- pepper strips, sliced mushrooms, onions, and/or chopped carrot)
- 2 teaspoons part-skim parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon red crushed pepper (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Place pitas or English muffin halves on a baking sheet. Spread pizza sauce on pita bread rounds or each English muffin half; sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes more or until light brown.
Meanwhile, coat a skillet with nonstick cooking spray bring up to medium-high heat. Add the onions and your choice of vegetables; cook and stir until crisp-tender; 3-4 minutes.
Top pitas or English muffin halves with cooked vegetables, Parmesan cheese and red pepper flakes, if using. Serve immediately.