- 1 orange, juiced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 pound skirt or flank steak, trimmed of fat
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warm
- 1 avocado, recipe follows
- 3 tablespoon roughly chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Place the first 5 ingredients in a re-sealable plastic bag with salt and pepper. Add the steak, seal and shake to coat. Refrigerate the beef for 2 to 4 hours to tenderize and for the best flavor.
Preheat a grill or large frying pan on high heat.
Drain the marinade from the beef. Lightly oil the grill or pan. Grill the steak over medium-high heat and cook for 4 minutes on each side; then transfer to a cutting board and let rest.
Add the canola oil, bell peppers and onions to a large frying pan with salt and pepper. Saute for 4-5 minutes until slightly softened.
While the peppers and onions are cooking, heat up the tortillas in a microwave between lightly dampened paper towels for 30 seconds on each side. Add additional time, if needed until tortillas are warm and pliable.
Thinly slice the steak against the grain on a diagonal. To plate, place some of the steak, peppers and onions on each tortilla. Top with avocado and cilantro. Serve with cheese, salsa and sour cream.