- 1 whole garlic head
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped shallots
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 cup cooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
- 1 lb. chicken, cooked, cut into bite size pieces
- 1/2 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 small tomato, diced
- 2 tablespoons fresh Parmesan cheese, grated
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350°.
Remove papery skin from garlic head. Cut garlic head in half crosswise, breaking apart to separate whole cloves. Wrap half of head in foil; reserve remaining garlic for another use.
Bake at 350° for 1 hour; cool 10 minutes. Separate cloves; squeeze to extract garlic pulp. Discard skins.
Heat oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add shallots and red pepper to pan; cook 1 minute. Add quinoa and broth to pan; cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Bring to a boil.
Stir in garlic pulp, chicken, spinach, tomato, cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately.