News

Actions

Family displaced after fire destroys North Logan home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 7:26 AM, Feb 12, 2014
and last updated 2014-02-12 09:26:54-05

NORTH LOGAN, Utah — A family is displaced after a fire destroyed their North Logan home Wednesday morning.

According to the North Logan Fire Department, fire crews responded to a home at 1361 East 1980 North around 1:25 a.m.

Crews extinguished the fire and saved the contents of several rooms and the basement, but they said due to the partial collapse of the roof the home is not habitable. There was some heat damage to the home next door, but firefighters were able to keep the flames from spreading.

Firefighters said the homeowner had made some repairs to a natural gas vehicle which was parked in the garage. They said it appears the repairs were unsuccessful, which caused natural gas to leak from the vehicle’s tank. Somehow the natural gas was ignited and several propane canisters stored in the garage caused explosions.

No one was reported injured in the fire. The residents of the home are being cared for by neighbors.