- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 lime, juice only
- Salt, to taste
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lb. shrimp, shelled, deveined, any size
- Flour or Corn Tortillas
- Romaine Lettuce, Shredded
- 1 mango, thinly slices
- 1 avocado, thinly slices
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
- 1 jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin rings (optional)
In a small bowl, mix together the first 7 ingredients (through cilantro) until incorporated.
Heat up a sauté pan until just before smoking. Add the honey butter mixture; let melt. Add the shrimp. Sauté until cooked through and beginning to brown. Warm the tortillas. Place some of the shrimp into each tortilla. Spoon some of the remaining butter over the top of the shrimp.
Add the shredded lettuce and top with fresh mango and avocado. Serve with fresh lime wedges and a side of jalapenos, if desired.
Recipe courtesy of Geoff Alter, Costa Vida.