SALT LAKE CITY – A woman had to be carried out of her home Sunday after a fire started in the residence while she was sleeping.
The incident took place at a duplex at 343 South 800 East, and fire officials said when crews entered the home the woman was sleeping and was somewhat disoriented when crews woke her up.
The fire was extinguished and damages were reportedly minimal.
“We’re fortunate that it was confined to the oven itself, and there was just smoke damage mostly to the remainder of the structure,” said Battalion Chief Tom Roberson of the Salt Lake City Fire Department.
The woman was checked out by paramedics as a precaution and then allowed to return to her home.