- 1 lb package gnocchi* (see note below)
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic (or minced)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 1/4 cup shredded parmesan cheese, grated or shredded, divided
- 10-12 fresh basil leaves, torn or chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook gnocchi according to directions.
When gnocchi is half way done, start with cream sauce in separate pan. Add butter, olive oil and garlic; saute on med-low heat until butter is melted. Add red pepper flakes and sauté another minute. Mix in flour until combined. Add milk and chicken broth, bring to a boil, lower heat and stir until thickened.
Add in 1 cup of the parmesan and stir until melted. Serve gnocchi with cream sauce. Top each portion with remaining cheese and basil.
*Note: In the culinary arts, the word Gnocchi refers to a type of Italian dumplings made from potatoes and flour. The word "gnocchi" means "dumplings" in Italian. You can buy them packaged in the grocery store or make from scratch.
Sponsor: Dan's Market