- 3/4 cup quinoa (about 5 ounces)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 limes, juice only
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- One 15-ounce can black beans, rinsed
- 1 small red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 cup corn
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cilantro
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
In a medium saucepan, combine the quinoa, water and a pinch of salt; bring to a boil. Cover and simmer over low heat until the water is absorbed, about 15 minutes. Let cool.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the cumin, chili powder, lime juice and oil with salt and pepper. Set aside.
In a large bowl, add the black beans, bell pepper, cilantro and onions to the quinoa. Pour the dressing in. Mix well.
Sponsor: Dan's Market