News

Actions

Wood burning stove causes structure fire in SLC

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:48 AM, Mar 20, 2014
and last updated 2014-03-20 13:18:29-04

SALT LAKE CITY -- Crews responded to a structure fire in Salt Lake City Thursday morning.

According to Salt Lake City Fire Department officials, the fire started at a structure located at 1665 North Chicago Street around 8 a.m.

Officials said the fire started in a garage at a pallet yard at Rocky Mountain Distribution. Crews were able to get the fire under control, and stopped it from spreading to nearby structures.

Investigators said the fire was accidental. They said some wood pallets were too close to a wood burning stove, which caused them to ignite.