News

Actions

Boys playing with matches start fire that jumps to Provo home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 9:23 PM, Mar 21, 2014
and last updated 2014-03-21 23:23:55-04

PROVO, Utah – A home in Provo caught fire Friday, and fire officials said the blaze was started by kids who were playing with matches.

The fire began in some bushes and jumped to a home at 1257 North 1270 West in Provo Friday afternoon.

Neighbors alerted the homeowner, and everyone inside made it out safely. Officials estimate the damages to be about $60,000.

Witnesses identified three young boys who were in the area before the fire started, and officials said the boys admitted to investigators they started the fire. The boys will be taken to the Provo Fire and Rescue Youth Fire Setter Intervention Team for evaluation and education.