- 1 tube (18 oz.) polenta, pre-cooked
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 large tomato, diced
- 3 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 tablespoon capers, chopped
- 1 cup black olives, sliced or chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Slice the polenta into half inch rounds. Season with salt and pepper on each side. Bring a large skillet up to medium-high heat. Coast with 2 tablespoons of oil. Cook the polenta cakes for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
In a saucepan brought up to medium-high heat, add the remaining oil. Saute the tomatoes, garlic, capers, black olives with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes. Stir frequently.
To serve, top each polenta cake with the tomato mixture. Garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
(Note: alla puttanesca means cooking tomatoes with olives, capers, garlic and olive oil.)
Sponsor: Dan's Fresh Market