- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 of an onion, finely chopped
- 1 small red, orange or yellow bell peppers, diced
- 1 Serrano or jalapeno pepper, deiced
- 6 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk, soymilk or almond milk
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup cheddar or mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 1/2 tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Melt the butter over medium to high heat in a non-stick frying pan. Saute the onion, bell peppers and Serrano or jalapeno peppers with salt and pepper for 3-4 minutes until softened. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, chili powder, cheese, cilantro, salt and pepper. Add the egg mixture to the pan. Turn heat to medium. Let egg mixture set up for 1 minute. Continue stirring egg mixture until eggs are cooked and cheese is melted.
To serve, plate the egg mixture. Top each serving with some of the tomatoes and sour cream. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market