- 4 tablespoons butter, cut in small pieces
- 1/3 cup hot sauce
- 1 ½ pounds ground beef
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 6 hamburger buns, split
- Celery and Carrot sticks, for serving
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Melt butter in a pan or small microwaveable bowl or stovetop. Whisk in hot sauce.
Using your hands, gently mix beef, garlic, celery seed, onion, ¼ cup hot sauce mixture, salt and pepper in a medium bowl until blended. Form into 6 patties.
Heat grill to medium. Brush and oil grill grate. Grill burgers, covered, 6 to 8 minutes, turning after about 3-4 minutes or until desired doneness. Brush with remaining hot sauce mixture during last 2 minutes of cooking. In a small bowl combine the blue cheese and mayonnaise. Spread each bun with some of the blue cheese mixture. Place a burger inside each bun. Serve immediately with celery and carrots.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council