- 4 pork filets
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 cups diced ripe mango (about 2 mangos)
- 1/2 cup finely diced red onion
- 1 medium avocado, diced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Juice from 1 lime
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
Wrap each pork fillet with a slice of bacon. Secure with a toothpick. Season both sides with salt and pepper. Bring the oil up to high heat in a frying pan. Sear the pork on each side for 1-2 minutes, including around the bacon. Transfer the pork to the oven; cook for 8-10 minutes or until cooked all the way through. Cook time may vary based on thickness of pork fillets.
In a medium bowl, combine the mango, red onion, avocado, cilantr0, oil, red pepper flakes, lime juice, salt and pepper. When pork fillets finish cooking, let “rest” for 5 minutes. Serve with mango avocado salsa.
Sponsor: Dan’s Market