- 1 cup “lite” coconut milk
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 8 ounces chicken tenders
- 4 cups lettuce, any kind, chopped
- 1 cup red or green cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup snow peas or green beans, trimmed
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 2 tablespoons red onion, diced
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Whisk coconut milk, lime juice, sugar, no salt seasoning and pepper in an 8-by-8-inch glass baking dish. Transfer 1/4 cup of the dressing to a large bowl; set aside. Place chicken in the baking dish; bake until cooked through, about 20 minutes. (Note: alternative cooking method; sear the chicken in a frying pan. Add coconut mixture. Reduce to medium heat. Cook 10-12 minutes or until cooked all the way through.)
Transfer the chicken to a cutting board. Let rest for 5 minutes then thinly slice. Arrange the chicken slices on top of the salads. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of the coconut cooking liquid over each of the salads.
In the large bowl with the reserved dressing, add lettuce, cabbage, snow peas or beans, onions and cilantro; toss to coat. To serve, place some of the salad in bowls or on plates. Arrange some of the chicken slices on top of the salads. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute