- 1 12 oz. package Grandpa’s Kitchen Bread & Pizza Mix (Package makes two 12 inch pizzas or one 16 inch or even bread sticks)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/2 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1/4 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 lb. chicken breast meat, shredded
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, divided
**Additional ingredients for making crust
Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Make pizza mix according to package directions. Roll out the dough. Divide to make multiple mini pizza crusts. Let rise for thick crust or bake it immediately for thin crust. Brush butter on crust, then sprinkle with Parmesan cheese
Spread barbeque sauce on the bottom of each crust. Cover with the rest of the toppings, reserving half of the cilantro. Bake for 8 or 9 minutes or until golden brown on the bottom of the crusts. Top with remaining cilantro when pizzas are cooked. Serve immediately.
*For dairy free or egg free pizza, the crust can be made with egg substitute and soured soy or almond milk. Top with dairy free cheese.
**Additional ingredients needed to make pizza crust with Grandma’s Kitchen Bread and Pizza Mix package:
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 c vegetable oil
- 1/2 c buttermilk or soured milk (add 1 T lemon juice to milk and let stand until it curdles to sour milk)
Sponsor: Utah’s Own Grandpa’s Kitchen