- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 2 cups mushrooms, sliced
- 1 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard or hot Chinese mustard
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups rice, cooked
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
In a large skilled, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil up to medium high heat. Add the ground beef, salt and pepper. Cook for 4-5 minutes, breaking up the beef, or until all of the pink is cooked out. Remove the beef from the pan into a bowl. In the same pan heated up to medium high heat, add the remaining tablespoon of oil. Stir in the mushrooms, pepper, rosemary, salt and pepper. Saute for 3-4 minutes until slightly softened.
In a small bowl combine the teriyaki sauce, Worcestershire sauce, mustard and sesame oil. Add the cooked meat back into the pan with the rice. Pour the sauce in; stir well. Add the sour cream. Cook for 5-7 minutes over medium heat stirring frequently. Add green onions. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council