- 4 medium (1 pound) skinless, boneless chicken-breast halves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can (4- to 4 1/2-ounce) diced green chiles
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, each cut in half
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 2 tablespoons cilantro or parsley, chopped
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Place chicken-breast halves between 2 sheets of plastic wrap. With meat mallet or rolling pin, pound breasts to an even 1/2-inch thickness; sprinkle with no salt seasoning and pepper.
In nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot. Add breasts and cook 6 to 7 minutes or until browned on both sides and chicken loses its pink color throughout, turning over once. Transfer breasts to platter; cover with foil to keep warm.
To skillet, add green chiles, grape tomatoes, chicken broth, ground cumin, garlic, and any juices from chicken on platter. Cook 3 minutes to reduce sauce slightly, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro or parsley. Serve sauce over chicken breasts.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute