- 4 steaks (about 2 pounds), any cut
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large white onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat grill to high heat.
Bring steaks to room temperature. In a small bowl, combine the thyme, oregano, rosemary, cayenne, salt and pepper. Pat the mixture on both sides of the steaks. Cook steaks to desired doneness.
Heat the oil to medium heat in a large skillet. Saute the onions for 8-10 minutes. Add the vinegar and sugar. Continue cooking another 10 minutes or until onions are caramelized.
Serve the onions with the steaks.
Sponsor: UT Beef Council