- 4 tilapia filets (about 1 lb.)
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup whole wheat or whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon canola oil butter
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 tomato, diced
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
Pat dry the tilapia filets with a paper towel. In an “assembly line” format, whisk the eggs in a shallow dish. Combine the breadcrumbs in a second shallow dish. Season with onion powder, cumin, no salt seasoning and pepper. In a large frying pan brought up to medium high heat, melt the butter. Add the oil. Coat each fillet with the egg, then the breadcrumb mixture. Shake off any excess. Cook the fillets on each side for 2-3 minutes or until golden brown.
To serve, plate each fillet. Top with tomatoes and cilantro.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute