SANDY, Utah – A grass fire burned dangerously close to homes in Sandy overnight.
Firefighters said homeowners in the area helped keep the fire from spreading.
Authorities said they aren’t sure what sparked the fire at 2340 E. Dimple Dell Rd. however, they said the situation could have been much worse.
The fire started at about 9:30 p.m. Sunday.
Quick actions from homeowners and fire crews keep the fire from spreading.
The flames burned about half an acre
“They did try to put out some of the small spots that got close to their homes with a garden hose and was [sic] successful in doing that,” Sandy Fire Capt. Clint Stokes said.
The flames came within feet of houses but homeowners and fire crews were able to prevent any damage.