- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 2 cups yellow, red, or green bell pepper, chopped
- 2 cups fresh salsa
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 4 cups iceberg or romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup crumbled baked tortilla chips (about 12 chips)
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
Cook chicken and bell pepper in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until all the pink is cooked out of the chicken; stir to crumble. Add salsa; bring to a boil. Stir in cilantro; keep warm.
Place 1 cup lettuce on each of 4 plates; top with 1 cup meat mixture. Sprinkle each serving with 1/2 cup tomato, 1/4 cup cheese, 1/4 cup chips, and 1 tablespoon green onions.