It does not have to be Monday to choose to take a day off meat or go meatless.
That can be any day of the week and today happens to be "heart healthy" day here.
Chickpea Curry over Brown Rice
- 1 cup long grain brown rice
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garam masala
- 1/2 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 2 (15-ounce) cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15-ounce) can unsalted crushed tomatoes
- 1 (6-ounce) package fresh baby spinach
- 1/2 cup plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- No Salt Seasoning, to taste
Cook rice according to package directions; drain.
While rice cooks, heat a Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
Add oil to pan; swirl to coat.
Add onion; sauté 5 minutes or until tender, stirring frequently.
Stir in garam masala and curry powder; cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly.
Add chickpeas, tomatoes, and spinach; cook 2 minutes or until spinach wilts, stirring occasionally.
Remove from heat; stir in yogurt and no salt seasoning.
Sprinkle with cilantro and serve over rice.
Sponsored by Intermountain Heart Institute