News

Actions

Man falls asleep cooking, fire breaks out in Layton home

Default-Image_1280x720.png
Posted at 8:32 AM, Aug 15, 2014
and last updated 2014-08-15 10:32:48-04

LAYTON, Utah – Authorities said a man is recovering and a family was without a home for the night after a fire at a Layton house overnight.

Authorities said the man was cooking and fell asleep in the process.

When he woke up, he saw flames in a pan and grabbed it, spilling grease on his hands.

He then made the fire worse by throwing water on it.

Fire crews were able to put out the flames but the family was displaced for the night.

The man was taken to the hospital for burns on his hands.