- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 5 cups canned no salt added crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup whole grain breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound whole grain linguine
In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook about 1 minute. Stir in tomatoes, oregano, and thyme, no salt seasoning and pepper. Bring to a boil, lower heat, and simmer, covered, 20 to 25 minutes.
In a large bowl, whisk together egg, milk, no salt seasoning and pepper with a fork. Stir in onion, breadcrumbs, half the cheese, and parsley. Add turkey; mix until combined. Form mixture into 1 1/2-inch balls.
Add meatballs to skillet, and spoon sauce over to coat. Place over medium heat until meatballs are just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Cook linguine until al dente according to package instructions, about 12 minutes. Drain pasta, transfer to skillet, and toss gently with the sauce. Serve with remaining cheese.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center