- 4 large baking potatoes, washed
- 24 ounces boneless steak, any cut, trimmed, and sliced into ¼-inch thick strips
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 3 tablespoons cilantro, chopped or torn
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut off the top third of the potato lengthwise and reserve for another use. Carefully scoop out about half of the cooked potato from the inside. Bake the potatoes for 1 hour, or until cooked through.
Place the steak strips in a large sealable bag. Mix the next 4 ingredients together in a small bowl with salt and pepper. Add to the sealable bag and marinate steaks for at least 20 minutes prior to cooking.
Drain off excess marinade from the meat and grill steak on a preheated grill to desired doneness. Remove the potatoes from the oven. Add the onions and cheese to the bottom of each potato. Place the potatoes back in the oven and cook for 4-5 minutes until cheese melts.
Top each potato with slices of steak and cilantro. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah Beef Council