- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 white onion, thinly sliced
- 1 bell pepper, thinly sliced, any color
- Cooking spray
- 4 (5-ounce) tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 8 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup non-fat sour cream (optional)
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, thinly sliced
- 8 lime wedges
- No Salt Seasoning and Pepper, to taste
In a large frying pan, bring 2 tablespoons of oil up to medium-high heat. Saute the onions and pepper slices with no salt seasoning and pepper for 5-6 minutes until slightly softened. Remove from pan. Cover with foil.
Sprinkle fish evenly with cumin, chili powder, coriander, no salt seasoning and pepper. In the same frying pan, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons of oil. Add fish to pan, and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork or until desired degree of doneness.
Warm tortillas according to package directions. Divide fish and onion/pepper mixture evenly among tortillas. Serve with jalapeno slices, lime wedges and sour cream, if using.
Sponsor: Intermountain Medical Center Heart Institute