Vegetable Creamy Curry
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup small cauliflower florets
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 cup low sodium vegetable stock
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt added chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 3 green onions, diced
- 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- Pepper, to taste
Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
Add cauliflower, broccoli, onion, curry powder and pepper; cook 3-4 minutes, stirring mixture constantly.
Add stock, chickpeas and tomatoes; bring to a boil.
Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 6-8 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Sprinkle with cilantro, onions and peanuts; serve with yogurt.
Note: Serve over whole grain rice or noodles. Mix yogurt into vegetable mixture for more creaminess.
Sponsor: Intermountain Heart Institute