Fried Green Tomato BLTs
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sliced green onions
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 3-4 green tomatoes
- 1 cup plain flour, seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1-2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Vegetable oil, for frying
- Large buns
- Shredded lettuce
- Cooked bacon
- Avocado slices
- Salt, to taste
For the Remoulade sauce, stir together mayonnaise, green onions, Creole mustard, parsley, garlic, horseradish and salt; cover and chill until ready to serve.
For the fried green tomatoes, rinse and cut green tomatoes into very thin slices.
Dredge with flour, dip in egg and dredge with flour again.
Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.
Drop dredged tomatoes into hot oil and fry again until lightly browned.
Remove from oil; place on paper towels for excess oil. Salt immediately.
Cut the buns in half. Spread with Rémoulade Sauce. Layer with lettuce, Fried Green Tomatoes, bacon and avocado.