- 1 ½ cups white or brown rice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken breast filets
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 yellow squash or zucchini, chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 1/2 Cup Vivian’s Live Again Creamy Chicken Soup Mix
- 2 cups water
- 10-12 basil leaves
- 3 sprigs mint, leave removed
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
Cook rice according to package directions.
Add 1 tablespoon of oil to large frying pan brought up to medium high heat. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes per side (adjust time based on thickness) or until cooked all the way through. Remove from pan. Let rest for 5 minutes. Cut into bite size pieces. Cover; set aside.
Add remaining tablespoon of oil to the same pan. Saute onion, squash or zucchini and garlic with salt and pepper for 4-5 minutes or until vegetables slightly soften. Stir in curry powder. In a small bowl, whisk mix into water add to chicken and vegetables. Bring to a boil, then reduce to simmer for 4-5 minutes. Serve over rice. Garnish with basil, mint and green onions. Serve immediately.
Sponsor: Utah’s Own- Vivian’s Live Again